CHS is a Christian organization committed to living out Christ’s compassion,
dignity and healing in our community through health care.
CHS is a Christian organization committed to living out Christ’s compassion, dignity and healing in our community through health care.
Restoring our community through the eradication of health disparities.
- Respect: Treating each patient with dignity. Promoting health by striving to fully understand each person’s thoughts and feeling about the underlying causes of illness. (Mark 10:45)
- Equipping: Identifying each individual’s strengths and providing the tools that will enable them to find a meaningful place in the community.
- (Ephesians 4:12)
- Unity: Demonstrating how followers of Jesus can come together to make a difference in the health of our community. Providing an environment where members of many parts of the Christian community can contribute their gifts and talents.
- (1 Corinthians 1:10)
- Excellence: Striving for excellence in the care and services we provide. We desire to provide quality health care services to the underserved in a distinctively Christian context.
- (Colossians 3:23)
Our Approach to Health Care:
1. Faith Based
2. Relationship & Community based
- Relocation – Medical professionals intentionally moving into the community and becoming neighbors with their patients.
- Reconciliation – Interacting and serving patients across racial, ethnic and socioeconomic lines.
- Redistribution – Using our skills, knowledge, networks and resources for the benefit of our neighbor and community.
3. Development (as opposed to relief or free care) based – Sliding fee scale for those without insurance or Medicare.
How CHS fits into CCI’s Comprehensive Approach:
- Exercise and Fitness – including adult and youth sports leagues
- Economic Development – job preparedness/training and nutrition through healthy corner store developments
- Education/Nutrition – working with Hawthorne (after school program and youth) and McClain (StreetLeaders and YoungLife) doing community and school gardens
- Family Foundations – Fatherhood initiative, marriage and parenting groups
- Prison Ministry – Following up on individuals’ health needs who are discharged to the community from David L. Moss as well as state prisons.